There’s been a few things I’ve always fancied doing. For example, I’ve always wanted to throw myself down a steep, snowy hill with a plank of wood attached to my feet. And I’ve always wanted to squeeze my way into an inflatable ball and throw myself down a grassy hill. There seems to be a small theme happening here, so here’s a bucket list of some stuff that doesn’t involve throwing myself down hills:
- Fly somewhere in a helicopter
- Extreme paintball – don’t think it exists but it sounds awesome in my head
- Buy a flat (the mature person in my noggin says that this is a good and sensible idea at some point)
- Sky dive – because I’m not content with just throwing myself down a hill, I want to throw myself out a small plane as well
- Go to Legoland
- Travel EVERYWHERE POSSIBLE
- Mutilate my body
That last one is hopefully happening pretty soon. And by mutilation, I mean tattoo.
I’ve been thinking about it for years but I always wanted to wait until I found someone’s work that I really loved. I found Flo Nuttall from Love Hate Tattoo. Phwor, this is starting to sound like I found the love of my life.
She’s not, but her work is amazing and I finally plucked up the courage to book a design consultation. I plodded in with a pretty vague idea of what I wanted, babbled on nervously and checked Instagram this morning to find the design staring at me. Safe to say that I’ve been ogling it ever since.
Why those things? It’s simple really.
I had canaries growing up as a child.
My dad is a gunsmith and this is his favourite revolver.
Roses are pretty.
The open door on the cage is for my mum in the hope that she will live her life free without boundaries.
I guess that last one is for me, too.