[Edit: Removed bad word from the title. Folk read into it far too much]
Disclaimer: This is a personal opinion and does not represent in anyway the nice people who employed me during this awesome event. If however you disagree and think it is in anyway pushing folk in a certain direction, then please remove yourself from my blog and never contact me again.
Right now I’m sitting at a table in a polling station handing out voting papers left, right & centre for the Scottish Referendum. Seeing as this was written in the past, it’s super busy / a tad busy / calm just now (delete as appropriate) and you all have been super lovely.
I know I said I’d never get on the politics bandwagon but please, for the love of anything that you really, really like, use this bloody opportunity and have your say. Let’s face it – it’s not going to happen again in your lifetime and you’d be a proper dafty if you let it slip by. So…
I don’t care if you’re a Yes voter.
I don’t care if you’re a No voter.
Just be a fucking voter.
It takes a few minutes to mark that little box and you’ll feel right good about yourself afterwards. Just remember to be nice to the folk at the desk, eh? We’re on 16 hour shifts and we’re most probably a bit sleepy.
And when that result does come in, be nice about it even if you didn’t get what you wanted. We’re all big boys/girls and we should know how to handle something not going your way. This includes:
- No punching people on the winning side
- No social media rampages informing how the other side are utter fucknuggets and you hate them all with a raging passion. Those folk you’ve just offended may have been your future boss. Think about it, you numbskull
- No smashing things that may contain opinions of the opposition
- Do hug/shake hands/embrace in a beautiful manner those folk who have won (it’s nice to be fucking nice)
- No starting of riots because you didn’t get your way – you ain’t a toddler anymore
- Do gracefully respect those who are on the winning/losing side
- Do consider how the outcome is going to affect you. Time to put on your big girl/boy pants – the change is in motion now.
Remember – all eyes are on Scotland right now. Accept whatever result you are presented with as being what the majority of the country want and, whatever you do, don’t be a dick.